Dan's Hurricane and Recovery Log

Hurricane Katrina as viewed through the eyes of a rescuer who went down to help other rescuers; only to have his own ordeal during and after hurricane Rita.

Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winding down

We are ready for the holidays. The house is 99% complete. The bank account is cleaned out(thanks mostly to Mr. Chris Smith). There is fishing and shrimping to be done; throwing the castnet is interesting. I have also been renewing my interest in single action shooting (we have plenty of room for that sort of thing out here). There is Single Action Shooting Society group that meets at the local shooting range also.

The theft of our items have been solved. Nothing has been recovered.

We still have our home in Reno. I have been attempting to refinance. It seems that we started this back in April, though they say June. It is now December and the bank is still not finished with whatever it is that they have to do. The latest closing date is mid January. I can't believe that it is taking this long. They have all of the information. Their latest request is for information that they had in their escrow account. I am spending days gathering information for them. It is a real pain. Lots of phone calls. My files have been passed through many hands. Requests are made. I run all over the countryside to gather paperwork. I send it in. Weeks pass and then additional requests are made.

Now the holidays are upon us. We have a birthday to celebrate, Christmas to celebrate. I get to see both of my step-sisters together the first time in thirty years. Mardi-Gras is just a few months away!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,